Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Moonlight Stragglers - SOLD


Moonlight Stragglers
acrylic on canvas
16" x 20"
SOLD

This is another more impressionistic painting with rough texture and a surreal quality to the composition. People keep telling me that I need to paint more bison, which I find to be such impressively gorgeous creatures, so you can expect to see more cropping up in the future! :)

Montana has been pulling on my heart-strings lately. Can you tell? I just recently finished an amazing anthology called "Montana Women Writers" and will share more about that in the next few days. I also saw Storyhill, a folk-rock duo from Montana, a few days ago - I've seen them live so many times and just can't get enough of their beautiful music. My homesickness probably stems from all that Montana-goodness, as well as the fact that it's been so cloudy and rainy here in Washington. I find myself missing my prairies.


What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
-Blackfoot saying


No comments: