Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Morning Stroll - SOLD
























Morning Stroll
acrylic on canvas
12" x 12" x 1.5"
sold

In preparation for an upcoming show at Jubilee Biodynamic Farm in Carnation, WA, I've been trying my hand at painting farm animals. I thought I'd start with this little family of chickens.

I have a soft spot in my heart for chickens. We keep 4 hens in our backyard, and besides the delicious fresh eggs they provide, they also make surprisingly great pets. We've handled them since they were chicks, so they're incredibly tame and like to follow us around the yard when we let them out of their enclosure. David & I have even recently started a blog about our chickens, since we've been getting a surprising number of emails with questions about raising an urban flock.

Anyway, more farm animals - as well as a lot of new bison paintings - will be up shortly.

No comments: