Tuesday, February 8, 2011

commissioned painting


closeup - click to enlarge

Commissioned painting
24" x 36" x 1.5"
acrylic on canvas

I unfortunately didn't get a very good photo of my recent commissioned painting before I dropped it off with my clients.  The light reflecting on the painting gives you a good sense of the texture, but it also washes out much of the color and form.  

The most fun part of the whole process was probably putting in the little figures (my client's daughter, son-in-law, and their dog).  My client provided me with fantastic reference photos of the beach, etc., and that made the whole process so much easier.  Iridescent gold paint is mixed in with the pigments used for the sandy beach to give it a bit of a sparkle.


4 comments:

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

Check our new daily painters showcase site.
www.dailypaintersshowcase.com

Thanks, Irit

Kristin said...

Thanks for the heads-up!

Theresa Paden said...

I love the colors in this and also the wonderful texture!

Anonymous said...

Well done!