Sunday, October 4, 2009

Frosty Morning

Frosty Morning
16"x20"
acrylic on canvas
$195 + $25 shipping (contact)


Autumn certainly hasn't been shy about arriving this year. It's been so windy at times that I've been covering the chicken coop up at night with a tarp (that's right, we have 2 chickens in a home-made coop in our backyard!).

I love Fall. I love the colors and the crispness in the air and getting to put on layers of scarves. I especially love how the smell of leaves on the ground can transport me back in time to days when I would jump into a pile of leaves. When did I stop jumping?

Who hath not seen thee oft amid thy store?
Sometimes whoever seeks abroad may find
Thee sitting careless on a granary floor,
Thy hair soft-lifted by the winnowing wind;
Or on a half-reaped furrow sound asleep,
Drowsed with the fume of poppies, while thy hook
Spares the next swath and all its twined flowers;
And sometimes like a gleaner thou dost keep
Steady thy laden head across a brook;
Or by a cider-press, with patient look,
Thou watchest the last oozings, hours by hours.

-John Keats, "Ode to Autumn"

  • Purchase with PayPal:






No comments: