Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Big Sky

click to enlarge!


Big Sky
acrylic on canvas
24" x 48" x 1.5"
Available for purchase directly through the artist (contact)

It's time to play catch-up with my blog...the past few months have been a whirlwind!  We've moved to a farm - I'm really excited to be in this beautiful rural setting.  It'll be very conducive to my painting routine. :)  I've also been working on several commissions (in addition to other paintings), one of which I finished up yesterday.  I've unfortunately been lagging behind on photographing everything.

"Big Sky" is a painting that was finished several months ago; I decided to make the sky the central focus and have the bison herd be secondary.  I toyed with the idea of continuing to tinker with it but finally decided to keep it simple.  This is always a struggle with me - i.e., knowing when to stop and just put the brush down.  

I'm now hanging some of my paintings at Carnation Corners Gifts & Fine Art in Carnation, WA!  It's a lovely space that is an extension of a real estate firm.

"Sure is big country.  The only thing bigger is the sky."
-A.B. Guthrie, The Big Sky

1 comment:

Theresa Paden said...

I like the expanse of the sky and land in relation to the buffalo herd. Beautiful job!