Monday, May 30, 2011

Unfettered


Unfettered
Acrylic on canvas
24" x 12"
Available for purchase at Freshwater Studio & Gallery, Dillon, MT


I've always loved bighorn sheep and used to be stationed by the bighorn exhibit back when I was a volunteer at ZooMontana.  They move with the same agility of a cat - it's truly impressive to watch them hop from boulder to boulder.






If but for the span of a moment I swam in the aura of flame;
I caught the rapt secret of being clothed by the Ineffable Name.
And chastened with wonder and strengthened to meet life's beleaguering ills
I went, like a bondman unfettered, adown from the heart of the hills.
-from "The Heart of the Hills", Clinton Scollard

2 comments:

Ruth Andre said...

Very nice painting. It is easy to see you have watched these animals. You captured in so well. The movement is wonderful.

Theresa Paden said...

I love the bighorns, too, and you have captured this one beautifully. Great colors and lighting.