Monday, January 18, 2010

Windmill in Shadow

Windmill in Shadow
acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas
18" x 24"
available at Proctor Art Gallery, Tacoma, WA
(contact for more info)


I decided to experiment with this one...I wanted to emphasize the sky by using very little texture for the foreground and make the colors very subtle and cold. I'm really happy with how the sky turned out - I wanted to create a sense of motion with all the texture. Still, I think I prefer using heavy texture for the foreground as well.


Proud music of the storm,
Blast that careers so free, whistling across the prairies,
Strong hum of forest tree-tops--wind of the mountains,
Personified dim shapes--you hidden orchestras,
You serenades of phantoms with instruments alert,
Blending with Nature's rhythmus all the tongues of nations...
-Walt Whitman, from "Proud Music of the Storm"

No comments: