Monday, May 10, 2010

Backlit Bison


Backlit Bison
acrylic on canvas
16" x 20"
Available for purchase at Revolution Gallery, Issaquah, WA

Yep, I'm still in a gold-paint phase...I love the bronze tones it produces. I don't like to use so much gold that it's overwhelming - I like it to be a bit more subtle, so that it provides a pretty late-afternoon glow.

I've also been painting more buffalo, as I previously promised I would. They're fun to paint. I especially liked painting this sleepy looking guy.

By the way, while trying to figure out how to order my favorite Winsor & acrylics online, I came across some of the most breathtaking art I'd ever seen by an artist who's been working with W&N. I've really connected with her work, because she also loves to portray big, expansive skies. I so admire her technique & ability.

Anyway, her name is Beckie Reed. Go, and be amazed!

No comments: