Friday, May 7, 2010

Through the Field at Dusk - SOLD

Through the Field at Dusk
acrylic on canvas
12" x 24"
SOLD


I'm still trying some different things, as you can see...and still using that lovely iridescent gold paint that I've grown to adore so much.

I've come to appreciate the majesty of the antelope much more now that I'm in Washington. Back home in Billings, it seemed like they were everywhere - doing their business on the high school track, eating neighbors' rose bushes, etc. I grew as accustomed to seeing herds of antelope wandering around our neighborhood as to seeing stray cats and dogs. These versatile and beautiful creatures are, of course, doing their very best to adapt to an ever-encroaching human population. I can't imagine how frightfully confusing it must be to leap out of a golden field and onto hard asphalt or a manicured lawn of bright green grass.


I love these wild flowers in this bright land of our;
I love, too, the curlew's wild scream.
The bluffs of white rocks and antelope flocks
That graze on the hillsides so green.
-Brewster Higley, "The Western Home"



No comments: